The Livingston Independent School District is excited to begin another new year in our community as we work to take our students from "Crayons to Careers". Our school district has five campuses and educates almost 3500 students annually. Livingston ISD is one of the largest employers in our community with over 600 employees. Our priority is meeting the needs of our local student population by providing the best services in nutrition, transportation, education and vocational opportunities. The following highlights showcase some of our accomplishments and the new programs in our district:
* LISD is soaring on state on state achievement tests with our two elementary schools once again rated as Exemplary, our Intermediate School rated as Academically Acceptable, and our two Secondary schools rated as Academically Acceptable in 2009/2010.
* Livingston ISD will be introducing a new food service program in 2010. Partnering with Southwest Foods, LISD will be offering many new choices in our local cafeterias and providing our students with a healthy menu of nutritious meals.
* We will open our new high school this Fall.
* The Livingston ISD Athletics program continues to thrive. Athletic opportunities in 2011 will include Football, Volleyball, Cheerleading, Drill-Team, Cross-Country, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track and Golf. Go Lions!
* The Green and White Scholarship program continues to assist our local students with the rising cost of higher education. During our 2010 Honors Night ceremony we awarded $650,000 in scholarships to our college and vocational bound seniors.
* Students in the Livingston ISD UIL Academic programs continue to thrive with many of our local students participating in state competition in 2010/2011. Students on all five campuses have many opportunities to participate in the academic area of their interest.
* The Livingston ISD Fine Arts are roaring! Our local choirs are some of the best in the state and in 2011 our marching band, The Royal Brigade, will be bigger and better than ever! With opportunities ranging from Photography to Theater Arts, to Painting and Sculpture, there is always opportunity for local artists to thrive in our school community.
* Livingston ISD will continue to make technology a major component in our educational curriculum. As we work to create digital learners, we have added more technology to our local classrooms and are working diligently to train our teachers to meet the needs of our digital student population.
* Communication is a priority in Livingston ISD. Our award-winning Lion Country website will be receiving a whole new look this summer and expanding to bring our parent/school communication to a whole new level. We believe in keeping our parents informed and involved in the educational process.
These are just a small sample of the many exciting opportunities and changes in the Livingston Independent School District. You can find more information and learn about our programs by exploring our district website. We look forward to making this school year one of the best, and meeting the needs of our awesome local kids.