Skip to main content

Controlled Substance

Controlled substance

If you have due cause to believe that a student may be in possession of a controlled substance...
• If possible, escort the student to the office with his/her possessions.
• Contact the school office to have an administrator come to your classroom.
• Have two staff members present. (Preferably Administrators)
• Tell the student what you suspect and ask the student to empty the contents of his/her pockets, purse, or other containers. Lockers and vehicles may need to be searched also.
• If a controlled substance is found or you think a substance found may be a controlled substance, call the School Resource Officer or 327-3117.
• Notify the parent or guardian and enforce district policy.